[meteorite-list] Ebay asks for your help!

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 9 17:20:56 2004

All,
I.M.C.A. received the following email from Ebay today. I checked the
headers and it appears to be a genuine
request. Since this affects the entire meteorite community, we would
also like to include your valid suggestion
whether you are in I.M.C.A. or not. Please give this some serious thought.
Ken Newton
International Meteorite Collectors Association
http://www.imca.cc
http://meteoritecollectors.org

"Hello,

I work in the eBay Trust and Safety department. Part of my
responsibility is to ensure the security of the marketplace and set
potential bidder's minds at ease when it comes to bidding on items. I
am attempting to do this in the meteorites category by contacting
organizations that are experts in that field. That is why I am
contacting you today.

 I was wondering if you would be willing to offer some suggestions for
ways in which we can improve the meteorite marketplace on eBay. Any
information you care to provide would be appreciated.

 If you would prefer a phone call, I would be willing to call you at
your convenience. I appreciate your time and efforts.

 Respectfully,

XXXXXX XXXX

eBay Trust & Safety"