[meteorite-list] Ebay asks for your help!

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 9 19:07:20 2004

Well, I think it's a good start, although I don't know how far it should go. Some things to consider:

Could IMCA be held responsible in any way for someone who purchases something with IMCA's "blessing" which turns out to be misrepresented? What if IMCA renders an opinion that seller X is offering something not authentic, which turns out to be, or even if that the seller just challenges IMCA?

What about sellers who for whatever reason choose not to belong to IMCA? Could non-membership lead to people avoiding their listings, and subject IMCA to some type of "restraint of trade" charges?

Unfortunately, at least here in the US, we live in a litigious society.

I don't have answers...these are just questions after reading this initial email. Do I think we should do SOMETHING to assist Ebay?....yes. Do I know what we should do?....no.

Craig