[meteorite-list] Need ideas for numbering collection

From: minador <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 10 16:04:16 2004

    Hi List,

I've been wanting to create a numbering system for my collection. Right now
I'm just using the specimen name with the gram weight. Believe it or not, I
actually have a few specimens with the same weight! So I need to come up
with something more versatile. The few ideas I've come up with or have seen
aren't very attractive. I guess this sort of thing will always involve
compromise though. I would like to hear what you do for your collections.
Contact me off list if you don't want to post publicly.

Happy collecting!

Mark Bowling
Vail, AZ