[meteorite-list] Burst of Meteors Seen Near Finland

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 14 21:12:03 2004

Those contrails are most peculiar!

If anyone has ever skipped flat rocks on a lake, you know that sometimes on
the last bounce, they go in at an angle. The flat rocks (or at least flat
on a side) then "fall" through the water in a spiraling shimmy much like the
trails these meteors left, wobbling from side to side. If the meteors are
rather flat, that might also account for the airburst, as the stresses
became too great on the large surface and forced the meteor to break up.

Tracy Latimer