[meteorite-list] Fireball (sic)story from Egypt July 15

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 16 14:44:42 2004

Cross Posted from the Meteorobs LIst

Gist: Several shacks caught fire owing to a meteor storm/meteor strike.

Date: 16 Jul 2004 09:27:50 -0000
From: "Bharat Adur" <bharatadur_at_rediffmail.com>
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Burning houses in Egypt?
To: olkhov_at_mail.ru
Cc: meteorobs_at_meteorobs.org

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
  Was this fireball associated with Perseid meteor storm. I would like to have a translated copy of the this news. I am particularily interested in Fireball hitting huts. Have they been able to recover some amount of debries from these 100 houses. We were able to recover from Orissa Meteor Storm in October 2003
Regards,
Bharat Adur

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 Andrei Ol'khovatov wrote :

>>Dear All,
>>
>>Does anybody hear abouth an event in the south of Egypt where about 100
>>houses were burnt due to fireballs falling on roofs and inflaming the
>>houses?
>>Here is news report in Russian:
>>http://www.newsru.com/world/15jul2004/shar.html
>>Of course, maybe it is distortion by mass-media, but anyway...
>>

>>Best wishes,
>>Andrei Ol'khovatov

Message: 5