[meteorite-list] Yanshan meteorite crater

From: Volker Heinrich <VolkerHeinrich_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 22 15:15:06 2004

Hello List,

certainly more a reader than a writer on this list, I today have a special question to all of you and I hope someone out there has some answers for me. I need to know more on a possibly meteorite related site in Chinas Hebei Province, Yanshan Mountains. Mindat.org refers it as a source for two uncommon minerals, Xifengite and Gupeiite. The nearer origin is stated as "Yanshan meteorite". I can?t find anything on the net related to a meteorit or even a cratersite with this name. Is anyone out there, who can help with some infos? You may answer on or off list, as you like.

Thanks a lot in advance
Volker Heinrich, Frankfurt Public Observatory, Chief of Staff