[meteorite-list] Images of DAG700 vesicles

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 28 19:48:25 2004

Dear List,

I finally found a few minutes to spare so I thought it would be nice to
share some images of the DAG700 Diogenite that impresses me, greatly.
Blaine Reed and his wife, Linda stopped by my beach shack on their way back
from Canada. After spending some time visiting with them, Blaine showed me
this full slice of DAG700. I would not let him leave until it was in my
possession so I spent some time haggling with him to acquire this awesome
specimen. I thought that Diogenites were supposed to be cumulates so I can
not understand where all the vesicles in this specimen came from. Here are
a few images:

Blaine and Linda at the beach:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Blaineandlinda.jpg

Image of vesicles in DAG700:
http://themeteoritesite.com/DAG700-1.jpg

Second Image of vesicles:
http://themeteoritesite.com/DAG700-2.jpg

I know of only two DAG700 stones that have vesicles and this one of Blain's
blows my mind. I hope you enjoy the images and I will post some very
interesting announcements soon.

Wishing everybody well,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection