[meteorite-list] Archaeologist Finds Brenham Meteorite AmongArtificats from the Hopewell People

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 2 03:09:43 2004

Hi Martin & all,
        I teach Anthropology and perhaps I can clarify some misconceptions
here: "Prehistoric" applies to all cultures prior to THEIR use of writing.
Under the most liberal of uses, it would involve all the Native Americans
in what are now the United States, though not all in Mexico, as several
cultures there did have writing, though nearly every text was burned,
seeing as how they were all considered to be meaningless gibberish written
by heathens.
        Therefore, the Hopewell culture would certainly be "prehistoric."
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a
democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they
are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
- Hermann Goering
--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--