[meteorite-list] Nininger to Perry Letter, Jan. 5, 1952

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 5 15:00:43 2004

Hiho Mark and Nininger fans,

just a remark as I followed the conversation for a long time and I think
sometimes the impression for a reader could be, that Perry was nothing else
but a somewhat naive cow to be milked by Nininger...
Perry published an EXCELLENT comprehensive book a bout iron meteorites,
demonstrating all minerals in all their habits and all phaenomenons which
could observed in iron meteorites.
Easy to read and most remarkable: perfect illustrated with microscopic
photos.
Thus ideal for beginners, who f.e. could identify with this book (better
than most sellers) each detail displayed in the hundreds of etched irons
offered on ebay.
Until today I'm waiting for a book of similar clarity and completeness.

Unfortunately I gave my copy away as a gift and would have to look for the
title, which I forgot. Was a paperback from thee 40ies...
Martin