[meteorite-list] Los Angeles 001

From: John K. Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 14:58:46 2004

List members,
I agree 100% with Michael and Randy. Let's show a little class and not try
to undercut someone making an offer. We all know the economy is tight and
things get even tighter during the summer months. Still, we need to
maintain so kind of mutual respect. Is it just me, or has this list been
declining in quality over the past few months? Lately, it seems like most
of the posts are offers for sale of material and "reminders" that Ebay
auctions are closing soon.

  The only thing I can add to Randy's comment is that Ebay sellers need to
tone it down a bit and not flood the list with repeated offers of the same
material. Most folks don't violate this common courtesy, but there are a
few who think that if they pound us with reminders of their sales that we
will some how change our minds and break down and buy something. I simply
start deleting all messages from those people so I don't have to wade
through all of the repeat song and dance advertisements.

This list has survived for a lot of years and I'm sure it will make a
resounding comeback in the near future. Let's not turn it into a cyber
garage sale.

Best from sunny Arizona,

John Gwilliam