[meteorite-list] Warning about Lybian Desert Glass Artifacts

From: Nicholas Gessler <gessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 21:18:30 2004

Don't we have better things to worry about than whether Libya is going to
spend $100s or $1000s to repatriate EACH chip, flake or blade of Libyan
Desert Glass? If anyone has a piece of pressure-flaked Libyan Desert Glass
shaped into the silhouette of a priest (like some exquisite Mexican
obsidian artifacts) or better yet, the image of the fireball that produced
the glass, then I might believe that the Libyan minister of antiquities
might take notice.

So what is the fanciest LDG artifact in existence?

Cheers,
Nick