[meteorite-list] Meteorite eBay Bidding Comment

From: Charlie Devine <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 13 08:04:10 2004

Jim and list,

I agree. I always saw sniping as a stategy used to get the item for the
best possible price. If I decide I am willing to spend $200 for an item
and with minutes left the price is still $75 I may snipe with $200 with
seconds left to see if I can get it for less then $200. If I bid the
$200 with days left, it allows others to raise closer to my bid. I may
still win but I may pay more then if I sniped at the end. If you don't
like being sniped or think it unfair, you can use anti-snipe services.
Best wishes,
Charlie