[meteorite-list] NZ Meteorite Video

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 13 20:36:24 2004

Dear Listees:

Greetings. Thanks to those who posted links to the New Zealand TV
news report on the meteorite fall. It's great to see our favorite
publisher, Joel Schiff, being interviewed, and looking very dashing
too in his cattleman's hat and black jacket.

The video clip has been moved to the TVNZ.com archive. Fellow Mac
users with an up-to-date Flash player can see the clip here:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_flash_skin/430529

PC users can view the clip using Windows Media Player here:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/430529

Best line from the lady newscaster: "It's likely this meteorite is a
'chon - dree - at' type. That means it chipped off an asteroid, but
more will be revealed when the 4 1/2 billion year old relic undergoes
a biopsy tomorrow."

A biopsy? On a STONE? That's a new one on me : )

But the segment is very interesting and well worth watching. Well done Joel.

Regards to all from sunny Tucson, AZ. 100 degrees today.

Geoff N.