[meteorite-list] SALE: 12 REALLY COOL NEW METEORITES

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 21 20:03:46 2004

Dean wrote:
"My latest NWA shipment has yielded some really nice meteorites. Look for the pictures even if you are not
interested in buying.
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/sales/12sale.html

Hello Dean and list,
Interesting looking meteorites.
Several of them remind of my (overpriced) eucrite Cachari....very gray.
Carchari collection page: http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colcachari.html
Interesting meteorites Dean. The first appears to be a have lot of reddish color or oxidization (weathering) in it.....something you do not see that often in achondrites (as most of the others appear). It looks like a lot like a regolith chondrite to me.
Several of them remind me of my (overpriced) eucrite Cachari.....very grey
Carchari collection page: http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colcachari.html
The fourth one....looks brecciated.....and is full of very large plagioclase crystals....the darker gray inclusions, but not the black inclusions. Similar to what you see in Martian meteorites (which it is not)....or in the Johnstown diogenite. I haven't noticed a lot of them on any of my eucrites.....but my eucrite collection is rather small. Also notice the large green inclusion in #8, which appears paired with the gray grouping. (Howardite?)

Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas.....where rain this week, right before harvest, has destroyed thousands of dollars in grain for the farmers in this region.
www.meteoritearicles.com