[meteorite-list] Railway vs. Gibeon

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 25 15:19:48 2004

Hello List,

> railway was found in the gibeon strewn field are they the same?

Vagn Buchwald, the ultimate authority on iron metorites wrote:

"Railway, ... , is no doubt a typical Gibeon mass, although Frick &
Hammerbeck (1973) listed it as an independent meteorite: South
African Railways."

Reference:

BUCHWALD V.F. (1975) Handbook of Iron Meteorites, Vol. 2, pp. 584-593.

Best regards

Bernd

P.S.: The elderly lady, my neighbor, that I told you about and who fell down
the stairs while we were in Ensisheim, did not come to anymore but passed
away in hospital. Oh well, life can take an unexpected turn any moment of
our lives. So let's be nice, cordial, enjoy our lives and our beloved heavenly
messengers - meteorites!