[meteorite-list] Nininger to Perry Letter; Jan. 25, 1954

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 23:22:43 2004

(American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)
DEVOTED TO RESEARCH AND POPULAR METEORITICS
(drawling of Sedona museum)
BOX 146, SEDONA, ARIZONA
H.H. Nininger, M.S., D.Sc. DIRECTOR
Addie D. Nininger SECRETARY - TREASURER
C.H. Brandmeyer SUPT. OF CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN

January 25, 1954
Mr. S. H. Perry
Arizona Inn
Tucson, Arizona
Dear Stuart:
Your letters were on my desk when I returned from the east. I can well understand that the purchase of those two meteorites would constitute a bit of an adjustment somewhere yet I cannot believe that you want to turn the offer down with finality. It is the first time in twenty-two years that we have ever been able to bring ourselves to the point of offering Bruno and I am sure that once we have negotiated our present crisis without disposing of them we shall not soon, if ever, be willing to offer them again. We could accept half down and the other half some months later if that would suit you better. Also, you might wish to purchase only one of the two offered.
I have to make a trip to Tucson about the middle of February and I think I shall bring Bruno with me since, as I remember, you have seen only once what I regard as the finest specimen of nickel-iron meteorites in existence. You will be under no obligation to me for the bringing it, if I decide to do so.
Regards to Mrs. Perry from both of us.
All the papers of the symposium have been submitted for publication to Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta according to a letter I have just received from the chairman Dr. Uhlig.
Sincerely,
(signed)
H.H. Nininger
HHN: AN
cc: E.P. Henderson
(Mark Note: Page also has written on it 154.8 x 3 = $464.40. This was written in pencil on the letterhead and appears to be a note on the price of the Horse Creek specimen.)

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite articles.