[meteorite-list] uhauhauha

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:46 2004

Dear Tom,
        Alas, none of the spelling "rules" for English are useful in the
least, as they all have so many exceptions as to render them far worse
than useless. I am certain they were designed, rather, to drive one
mad with frustration in attempting their use.
    As those old members of the list know, before I got my current email
program with "spellcheck" my posts reflected my creative abilities
regarding spelling.
        My favorite spelling is "ghoti" for what is commonly
spelled F-I-S-H (those swimming creatures).
        "gh" = the sound usually indicated by the letter "F" but used in
such words as "enough," "rough," and "tough."
        "o" as usually indicated by the letter "i" but used in such words
as the plural for female humans, "women."
        "ti" for the sound usually indicated by the letters "sh" but used
in such words as "lotion," "motion" and "rotation."
        ergo: "ghoti" = "fish"
        Professor Blood

on 3/4/04 10:30 AM, Tom aka James Knudson at knudson911_at_frontiernet.net

--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--