[meteorite-list] Amgala versus Zag

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:49 2004

Adam,

Thanx for the update and supporting information for the cost basis. As I said, this fall sure
looks a lot like Zag to me in many ways. I did some more visual comparisons and of course my
untrained eye cannot see these differences when looking at just one one stone's(less than 20
grams) cut face. I am not implying they are the same meteorite...just that they look similar.

As for polymict versus regolith breccia...can these two terms be interchangeable? A polymict
breccia is made up of clasts/fragments of different materials probably caused by a impact
mixing, while a regolith breccia implies a breccia formed at the surface with a mixture of
different materials caused by impacts. A regolith breccia might be considered a special type of
polymict breccia.

As for type 3 chondrules...well I see a few chondrules that look almost perfect to me...but
only a couple. What do I know anyway???

It should be interesting to see how this material is classified out...in comparison to Zag.

John