[meteorite-list] SPANISH BOLIDE : IMPORTANT FIND !

From: Pierre-Marie PELE <pierre.pele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:50 2004

Our recovery team went to Spain from 8th to 14th March 2004. We followed the estimated trajectory of the bolide observed over Spain the 4th January 2004. At the moment, only two small fragments have been recovered by a journalist on vacation in the area and several other stones by a Spanish recovery team.

We are the first meteorite hunters to have done a significient find. On the 10th March 2004 in the afternoon, we found on a track a complete 1380 grams meteorite in the north of the Palencia District.

It is classified as a H chondrite. Our museum quality individual is 98% covered with fusion crust. There's a small window showing the inside, with shock veins.

The first worldwide public show of this meteorite will be done by our recovery group at the Ensisheim Show, in June 2004.

You can anyway look at some pictures of our find on our website www.meteor-center.com

Pierre-Marie PELE
www.meteor-center.com