[meteorite-list] Mystery Achondrite a Lunar?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:53 2004

Tracy wrote:

> what distinguishing visual characteristics make it different from, say,
> a piece of Bensour (which, at first glance, your new rock resembles.)

As Adam already mentioned, a magnet was not the least bit attracted
to this stone, and there is probably no trace of chondrules or chondrule
fragments. My first impression was it could be a eucrite but, of course,
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Hupes and the Calcalong parallel !

Best wishes,

Bernd

To: daistiho_at_hotmail.com
    adamhupe_at_comcast.net