[meteorite-list] Meterorite from Jamacia

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:54 2004

--------------070000040803020907090508

Fred,
There are several classifiying universities that will verify
 your samples for free. I will send you a list if you like.
However, you need to check their return policy.
Many do not return specimens that are not meteorites
(also, it may take up to a year for them just to verify it. )

If you wish it verified faster, there is a very fine meteorite lab in Mass.
 (New England Meteoritical Services).
 They are also free but they charge a $15.00 return &
 handling fee but you get your sample/s back
(the price covers up to five samples)
If you are not patient, make contact before sending it.
If your specimens are meteorites, they will assist you in having
them classified and recorded.
Here is their link:
http://www.meteorlab.com/METEORLAB2001dev/identification.htm
Sincerely,
Ken Newton
International Meteorite Collector's Association
http://www.meteoritecollectors.org
http://www.IMCA.cc

FBlockland_at_aol.com wrote:

> I have had one other collector look at this and thinks it is a
> meteorite. So I need to send it off to have it checked. It is a one of
> a kind and only 4.7 grams. Were can I send it to have it checked and
> classified?
>

> Fred

--------------070000040803020907090508

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Fred,<br>
There are several classifiying universities that will verify<br>
&nbsp;your samples for free.&nbsp; I will send you a list if you like.<br>
However, you need to check their return policy.<br>
Many do not return specimens that are not meteorites<br>
(also, it may take&nbsp; up to a year for them just to verify it. )<br>
If you wish it verified faster, there is a very fine meteorite lab in
Mass.<br>
&nbsp;(New England Meteoritical Services).<br>
&nbsp;They are also free but they charge a $15.00 return &amp;<br>
&nbsp;handling fee but you get your sample/s back <br>
(the price covers up to five samples)<br>
If you are not patient, make contact before sending it.<br>
If your specimens are meteorites, they will assist you in having<br>
them classified and recorded.<br>
Here is their link:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.meteorlab.com/METEORLAB2001dev/identification.htm">http://www.meteorlab.com/METEORLAB2001dev/identification.htm</a><br>
Sincerely, <br>
Ken Newton<br>
International Meteorite Collector's Association<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.meteoritecollectors.org">http://www.meteoritecollectors.org</a><br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:FBlockland_at_aol.com">FBlockland@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
 content="text/html; ">
meteorite. So I need to send it off to have it checked. It is a one of
a kind and only 4.7 grams. Were can I send it to have it checked and
classified?</div>