[meteorite-list] LL7 Chondrites

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:54 2004

One of the reasons that type 7 ordinary chondrites are rare may be that
many researchers do not think the distinction between 6 and 7 is
significant and therefore never classify anything as type 7. As far as
anymeteorite called type "6/7" is concerned, don't forget that the slash in
a classification often means "I can't decide" and not
"transitional". Certain classifiers use lots of slashes and others never
use them at all.

jeff