[meteorite-list] Wichita Meteorite Newspaper...part 2

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:54 2004

------=_NextPart_001_000E_01C4129E.82245B50

Hello Mike and list

Mike wrote "That is great Mark, ill bet it turns up another Kansas meteor=
ite from some farmer who reads that paper."

Thanks for the kind words Mike. Because of our local serial killer retur=
ning, today's paper sold about twice the normal and it is about impossibl=
e to find now. (The serial killer returned by sending a letter to the pa=
per). What this meant for the Kansas Meteorite Society is that our featu=
re was read by almost everyone in town and we were very busy today.....ab=
out 200 people or more came by to view the stone, about 1/3 brought possi=
ble meteorites, but none of these looked very promising. Several other p=
eople called and promised to send samples of their stones. I was also in=
terviewed by pretty much every media here in town, so I am hoping we do r=
ecover a meteorite at some point in this, as it is much more work then I =
originally anticipated. I expect I will get calls and visits for the next=
 week or so.

Even if a meteorite is not recovered from these efforts, I think the publ=
ic in general seemed excited to touch the "local" meteorite. =20

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com

------=_NextPart_001_000E_01C4129E.82245B50

<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff" STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;b=
ackground-color:#ffffff; "><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <MET=
A content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> <D=
IV><FONT face=3DArial>Hello Mike and list</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3D=
Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Mike wrote "That is gre=
at Mark, ill bet it turns up another Kansas meteorite from some farmer wh=
o reads that paper."</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</=
DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks for the kind words Mike.&nbsp; Becaus=
e of our local serial killer returning, today's paper sold about twice th=
e normal and it is about impossible to find now.&nbsp; (The serial killer=
 returned by sending a letter to the paper).&nbsp; What this meant for th=
e Kansas Meteorite Society is that our feature was read by almost everyon=
e in town and we were very busy today.....about 200 people or more came b=
y to view the stone, about 1/3 brought possible meteorites, but none of t=
hese looked very promising.&nbsp; Several other people called and promise=
d to send samples of their stones.&nbsp; </FONT><FONT face=3DArial>I was =
also interviewed by pretty much every media here in town, so I am hoping =
we do recover a meteorite at some point in this, as it is much more work =
then I originally anticipated.&nbsp;I expect I will get calls and visits&=
nbsp;for the next week or so.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT=
>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Even if a meteorite is not recovere=
d from these efforts, I think the public in general seemed excited to tou=
ch the "local" meteorite.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></F=
ONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Mark Bostick</FONT></DIV> <DIV><=
FONT face=3DArial><A href=3D"http://www.meteoritearticles.com">www.meteor=
itearticles.com</A></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</D=