[meteorite-list] Meteorites Used to Calculate Earth's Age

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:55 2004

------=_NextPart_001_002B_01C4139E.A97564A0

Hello Richard and list, =20
Re: For those who have an interest; I just came across a reference to the=
 key
role meteorites played in determining the final (and currently accepted).=
.By 1956, Patterson had calculated the age of the earth to be 4.6 billio=
n years...."
The meteorites used to find out this information and some other informati=
on on this early dating can be found on my website in the following newsp=
aper article, dated March 1, 1955. One of the meteorite was Beardsley, a =
Kansas meteorite.
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/znp03011955.html
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com

------=_NextPart_001_002B_01C4139E.A97564A0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hello Richard =
and list, </DIV> <DIV> <P>Re: For those who have an interest; I just came=
 across a reference to the key<BR>role meteorites played in determining t=
he final (and currently accepted)...By 1956, Patterson had calculated the=
 age of the earth to be 4.6 billion years...."</P> <P>The meteorites used=
 to find out this information and some other information on this early da=
ting can be found on my website in the following newspaper article, dated=
 March 1, 1955. One of the meteorite&nbsp;was&nbsp;<FONT face=3DArial>Bea=
rdsley, a</FONT>&nbsp;Kansas meteorite.</P> <P><A href=3D"http://www.mete=
oritearticles.com/znp03011955.html">http://www.meteoritearticles.com/znp0=
3011955.html</A></P> <P>Mark Bostick</P> <P>www.meteoritearticles.com</P>=
</DIV></BODY></HTML>