[meteorite-list] Pluto help

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:56 2004

Hey list, I was discussing Pluto with my daughter and I came up with a tough
question that I would love to see an answer to. If my memory serves me
right, planets are thought to have formed from debris orbiting the sun,
right? I was explaining to her (sure hope I was right) how the debris was
in orbit around the sun and slowly gathered up into clumps eventually
forming the planets.
  Now then, if all this debris is orbiting on the ecliptic, how in the heck
did Pluto form if it is not on that plane? Sick mime's need to know!
Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
Proudest member of the YMCA # OU812