[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite-list digest, Vol 2 #199 - 10 msgs

From: Charles O'Dale <codale0806_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:56 2004

Dave:

From: Isotopic evidence for a single impact melting origin of the Sudbury
Igneous Complex, A.P. Dickin it al., "Based on the available isotopic and
geochemical data, it is suggested that the SIC resulted from a single impact
melting event that gave rise to the whole complex entirely from crustal
sources." IE: no bolide material survived the impact.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

http://www.ottawa.rasc.ca/astronomy/earth_craters/index.html