[meteorite-list] Meteor Lights Up Perth

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 3 13:16:45 2004

http://www.abc.net.au/perth/news/200405/s1099408.htm

Meteor lights up Perth
ABC Perth (Australia)

Residents across Perth have reported seeing a huge meteor
across the north west skies overnight.

The Mundaring observatory says people from Armadale,
south-east of the city, to The Vines in the north-east
reported the event which is said to have happened close
to 10 o'clock AWST last
night.

Some reported seeing a huge glow once the object hit the
horizon.

Paul Chester from Dianella told the ABC it looked like a
giant fireball.

"I just saw this really bright meteor coming down probably
about a 30 degree angle heading across the north-west, then
it disappeared behind some houses and there was a really
bright flash," he said.

"It was sort of brilliant white with an orange tail but it
was really large, I mean much bigger than any I've seen
before."