[meteorite-list] Dunite

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 5 16:37:19 2004

Ahhh, that makes sense. The only meteorites that have dunite are the ones
that are reliably confirmed to have planetary origins (Martian or Lunar),
and some mesosiderites. Interesting marker on the part of the mesosiderites;
those particular ones must be at least partially of mantle origin, then, if
the same mechanics hold true for their origin as on Earth. Wonder if there
is a (largely) dunite parent body floating around the asteroid belt?

Tracy Latimer