[meteorite-list] Meteorites, Ice, and Antarctic

From: dfpens_at_comcast.net <dfpens_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 6 21:37:50 2004

Bill Cassidy is the Father of the Antarctic Search for Meteorites program (ANSMET) and his book "Meteorites, Ice, and Antarctica" is an absolute must read for any meteorite enthusiast.

There was a review in the November 2003 Issue of METEORITE (Vol 9, No. 4) by Br. Guy Consolmagno SJ, of the Vatican Observatory, that is well worth reading.

Not only does Cassidy relate some of the trials and tribulations in that hostile environment with some very interesting stories and a lot of wit, but he also goes into detail about lunar and Martian meteorites, and what they tell us about their parent bodies. His tables comparing modern falls with Antarctic finds are very informative. He also speculates about the future of meteorite collecting.

It's the best $25 you will ever spend. I highly recommend Cassidy's book.

Regards,

Dave Pensenstadler