[meteorite-list] Fireball split in 2(or3) over Denmark

From: Charles Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 7 23:28:55 2004

This is really wild!. I was in the Florida Keys from the 15?th tru the
22 of April with 5 others. and on Friday night, around 9 or 10:00 (or
later?) in the evening (the 21?st) we (4 of us out of six) saw 3
meteors in a row, traveling from the east to the west. Long streaming
tails, but not particularly bright. The 3 went by zip, zip,zip and
disappeared into the Western horizon. We did not really see them
approach, but noticed them at zenith and then just followed the tails
into the horizon towards the mainland. We were in Marathon, on the
north shore of the key. I have seen fireballs break up like this
before, so I was not so overwhelmingly amazed at seeing something like
this. There was one after the other, but as I recall, I do not think
that all 3 were in view at the same time. It took about 3 to 4 seconds
before all 3 disappeared on the horizon. Could this possible be the same
event? Unbelievable coincidence if not.

CharlyV