[meteorite-list] caliche cleaning

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 9 02:28:35 2004

I have seen several suggestions for cleaning caliche off of desert
meteorites, but would anyone care to suggest if there would be any safe way
to remove caliche specifically from a 2 kg+ cumulate eucrite? On a smaller
piece I'd be willing to take a gamble and give it a shot, but needless to
say the piece in question is not something that I would go dipping into a
container of phosphoric acid just to see what happens..

Thanks in advance..

stan