[meteorite-list] AMGALA Sale

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 12 16:37:56 2004

I am not completely convinced that this is a witnessed
fall but it certainly is fresh and nice enough crust.
I have been months waiting expecting a ton of this to
come out and several weeks ago after getting offered a
single stone from several different moroccans and a
dealer in Morocco started offering multi kilo
quantities to everybody I felt that my suspicions that
there was lots were confirmed. However, it turned out
that this moroccan dealer was pulling a scam and there
really appears that there is not much more around as
the strewnfield has been extensively hunted now and
this is so fresh that I cant imagine any being covered
in the ground to turn up later using metal detectors.
So I doubt more will turn up.
I have 3 small pieces on ebay started at a penny (See
my user id AMUNRE to find them) and I also have these
pieces listed here. This is not a meteorite that I
have put much effort into acquiring (You all know me -
I like selling stuff for 20 cents a gram rather than
pricier material like this) and this is all that I
have although I might decide later to cut up one of
the slices. Add $3 postage
38 Gram slice with crust all around the edge $250:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala1.jpg
29 gram end piece with some crust but not as nice as
the rest of the meteorite $195
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala2.jpg
32.3 gram slice with crust on the edge $220
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala3.jpg
Gotta love this 38.3 gram nosepiece $275
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala4.jpg
38.6 gram slice with crust all along the edge $265
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala5.jpg
5.6 Grams an dlots of crust $48
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala6.jpg
3.1 grams and tiny bit of crust on the end $27.50
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala7.jpg
3.7 Grams $27.50
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-amgala8.jpg
2.6 Grams $25