[meteorite-list] Sale/Ad Microscope, Thin Sections, Cross Polarizer, Thin Section Case

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 15 21:19:07 2004

Greetings List,

I have for sale the following:

Stereo Microscope (This model normally retails for $350.00 from
Edmund Scientific).

Magnification: 20X / 40X
Objectives(Turret Mounted): 2X / 4X
Eyepieces: Widefield 10X (23mm)
Working Distance: 65mm
Interpupllary Distance: Adjustable 53mm to 75mm
Focus: Helical Rack and Pinion
Viewing Angle: 45 Degrees with 360 degree rotatable head
Illumination: Transmission, incident or both. 110V AC
Stage Size: 75mm Frosted Glass

I'm also including a Linear Cross Polarizer that I constructed from
camera filters. The top filter threads onto the upper stage and once
threaded on the filter is rotatable. The bottom filter merely sits on
the bottom stage and you set a thin section on top and away you go.
This is for visual use only, (not suitable for measurements etc).
This microscpe works very well for both thin section viewing and for
close up visual inspection work. I'm also including five (5) Thin
Sections: Cleo Springs (H4), NWA301 (H6), Allende (CV3.2), NWA869
(L5), and DaG078 (C03). These are nice thin sections with really good
surface area. Finally a storage case for thin sections is included.
Will hold up to 100 specimens. This is a really inexpensive way to
get started into the the incredible world of thin sections!! All thin
section close-up photos were taken through this scope at 20X
magnification.

Images at: http://photos.yahoo.com/stelor96

Price for all items $375.00. First come, first served.

Please contact me off list if you have any questions.

Thanx,
Steve

=====
Steve Witt