[meteorite-list] Re: (5-16-2004) fireball question?

From: GeoZay_at_aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 20 14:54:34 2004

>>I witnessed a greenish/white fireball with a short white tail go soaring
over head in front of me as I was driving down the interstate last night. It was
way bigger than any fireworks, almost as bright as the sun, show only lasted
a few seconds and then the light went out. I had to pull over at the nearest
exit ,seemed to be in a state of shock or something, wrote down all the
details I could remember. So, how would we know if the fireball hit mother earth or
vaporized? I'd sure like to have a piece of it. <<
If no rumbling or sonic booms reported by anyone...not likely anything made
it to the ground. There are more fireballs that burn up than reach the ground.
>>And I was just returning home from a gold prospecting trip where I got
almost skunked.<<
My wife and I are getting ready for our gold prospecting trip on the Yuba
river starting on June 1st. We will be dredging. The first leg of our summer
dredging will be for 12 days. Then after about a 6 day break home, we will be
dredging for about 10 days. Each summer month we will be doing this routine. Sure
looking forward to it...can't wait.
George Zay