[meteorite-list] "Columbia Basin tektites"?

From: Norman Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 24 00:12:00 2004

Marc & all,

I have been corresponding with the eBay seller
offering this material. He's an honest guy who was
sold the material by a rockhound in good faith.
Typical story. Local geologist looked at them and said
they were tektites, etc, etc.

There is currently no reason to think thay are real.
The seller has offered to send some to me for exam,
and is willing to pull the auctions if they're not
tektites. (However, there's no way for the timing to
work on this offer).

For the moment, it is best (and probably--at 99.9999%
level, correct---) to assume that this is not what is
claimed.

Norm Lehrman
http://tektitesource.com