[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 43

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 24 20:47:33 2004

Why, yes, John, as of today I _do_ live off my wife's earnings.
How did you know? :)

And as for NASA selling Apollo Mission collected specimens
if they could get $5 million per gram for them... I'm afraid you
lose. Even if they would fetch $1 billion per gram, NASA
_cannot_ sell them by law. Price isn't an issue in that regard.
They are property of the U.S. Government (i.e. all of us who
are U.S. citizens).

I'll mark my calendar today. One year from now, after I know
what my eBay auctions bring in over the next 12 months, I'll
send you my mailing address so you can mail my check.

:)

-----
Bob Martino, Tucson, AZ
"You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!"
                                                             -The Tick

> Bob,
>
> You said:
>
> "I'll bet you my next year's personal earnings
> that it will fetch FAR more than a measly $5 million."
>
> I say:
>
> Don't tell me...you don't work and live off your partner's earnings?
>
> First off I did not say the raisin rock from Malta was a meteorite...I was
just comparing the price of moon rock, regardless of where it was picked up.
Assuming a raisin sized moon rock weighed a gram...the $5 million/gram
versus $1,000/gram is 5000 times more costly.

> I'd bet you your next year's earnings that NASA would be on ebay selling
moon rocks if they could get $5,000,000/g for it.