[meteorite-list] Polymict EUC vs. HOW - NWA1109 ? (& polymict diogenites -NWA 1648)

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 26 16:29:01 2004

Thanx Adam...NWA 1648 is a very nice meteorite. Like I said, it(nwa 1648) does not have the look of a eucrite in thin section which would also suggest it is not close to a typical transitional Howardite of 10 to 20% diogenite...as I understand things {ie. limited knowledge for sure :) }

Jeff's comment about a contiuous but changing composition range of eucrites to diogenites with Howardites in the middle made me also think that the answer to Stan's question the other day when he was asking about his diogenite pieces that look the same but one has vesicles. Could it just be that the fall that generated those pieces was from a chunk of diogenite that was at a transition zone close to a magam gas release that created the vesicles in some of the material, but not in all of it. Sound like cool stuff Stan.

Far out,

JD