[meteorite-list] Nakhla - The Dead Dog Still Lives

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 3 17:13:51 2004

Now we're finally getting somewhere on this Nakhla issue...again.....and again.

So far, I like David Weir's take on the situation with Baalke's latest
explanations bringing up a close second. Kachinka is bringing up the rear,
but I think he's actually in a different race altogether.

Our unconscious use of idioms can be confusing to those who aren't familiar
with our lexicon. My wife just sent me an e-mail referring to our youngest
daughter and a sore throat that has been bothering her for several days.

         "... See you tonight. Hope Laurel picks up a bit. I think she
may be taking a dive again."

One thing we can probably all agree on is that there is a definite loss of
meaning when translating idiomatic phrases.

Time to run...I'm going to the mall to kill some time with my daughter.

JKGwilliam