[meteorite-list] ebay auction meteorites

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 4 08:13:42 2004

"Pairing in quite obvious in many cases."

Which cases Mark?
>From Dhofar mainly paired Moons got different numbers, the reasons for I
don't know exactly,
but everybody knows it, the sellers always gives the paired numbers in their
descriptions,
the coordinates are published. (Don't forget, that there different lunaites
were found in the same region. Compare Dho 910 to Dho908/909/911..).

To remember quickly, at the moment no other Dhofar comes in my mind, where
we have similar problems as with the NWAs. Perhaps Dho 007, where a lot has
been found by different finders.
But else? I don't see a meteorite, which recieved 10 numbers.
Why? Because the finders take coordinates, have accurate find records,
submit them to the Met.Soc, as it's in their own interest for the later sale
or trade.
Thus later, pairings could be established if necessary, with NWAs not.
And no ghostly material, flying all around, suddenly appearing en masse on
fairs...price crashes not so likely as with NWAs (only two enthusiasts on
US-ebay make silly things with Dhos...).

Hihi, what are such stats worth with the NWA salads: x.xx% of all
meteorites are howardites ect........

Martin