[meteorite-list] Franconia and HaH183

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 5 14:55:17 2004

Hi,
The first Franconia meteorite was found on Oct. 31
2002 by John Wolfe (see Meteorite Mag. Vol. 10 No. 2)
No others were found till Mike Miller found 3 small
pieces one year later in Oct 2003. (See Meteorite Mag.
Volume 10 No. 3)Mike and I worked quietly for several
months cleaning out the small side of the strewn field
till January 2003 when our secret leaked out at the
Tucson Gem And Mineral show. We continued working the
strewn field for months and eventually found several
other meteorites which are still being classified.
Franconia is classified as an H-5 chondrite.
Hope this helps.
Ruben Garcia