[meteorite-list] Lunaite from Colorado is probably slag

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 8 12:29:21 2004

Hi All
I was unable to attend the poster session yesterday but Jack Murphy was. Here
is what he found;

"Thanks for sending me the information on the GSA poster. I met the young man
and talked to him for some time. He has changed his abstract (although the
printed and on-line version are not changed) and approach. New title is
Preliminary Analysis of an Ultrarefractory Material from Granada, Colorado, USA. He
has spent a lot of time this last year working on composition & petrology of
this foot ball-sized mass....and it has been a good learning experience. He
understands that this sample may be slag and not a meteorite but he has wanted to
follow through on his proposed undergraduate research methods. I am going to
try and get him hooked up with a professional in the field who can advise him,
perhaps even channel his interests into continuing work in meteoritics. You
can post this to the list if you would like. Thanks."

Looks like he saw the slag comments. Any comment.

Mike

Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359
Jensen Meteorites