[meteorite-list] Zag classification, / - differences, pop quiz

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 12 15:46:43 2004

Hi David
Looks like I got a little ahead of myself with using Zag as an example of a
"simple" breccia. You are correct that it does consist of all types H3, H4, H5,
and H6. I was originally told the light clasts were H6 and the dark were H3.
Of course it is a lot more complicated than that. So for breccias all you can
tell from the current style of using a dash is that it contains two or more of
the possible types between the numbers listed.
Thanks!
Mike

Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359