[meteorite-list] Nantan

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 13 08:59:15 2004

Dear Lee Shen Sheng and List Members:
  Welcome to someone from Taiwan. I have lived in
Taiwan for 16 years and now Japan for 8.
  Few Taiwanese or Chinese collect tektites/meteorites
or research them. There is only one researcher that I
know at Academica Sinica in Taipei. I have donated
several to the Taiwanese Geological Survey and one
museum in Taiwan.
  A few customers are aware of "magic" tektites, Dzi
beads (`Tien Ju` magic agate beads reputedly from
"Heaven"(99.999 are made in Taiwan and are Fakes) and
sky metal amulets (also fake, reputedly to be made
from metal meteorites); but the collectors are only
interested because they believe they contain
protective powers......as they were told by the
sellers in order to sell them.
  If anyone is ever in this part of the world look me
up or if you need help in Asia please ask. There are
two Taiwan meteorites but they have both been "lost".
  Best, dirk ross....tokyo