[meteorite-list] www.meteoritegallery.com - asking for your help

From: Bernhard <rendelius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 15 04:05:56 2004

Hi,

as I have announced on the IMCA list, I am restructuring my public
meteorite sites including worldofmeteorites.com). None of those is ready
for release now, but there is one site you could help me with:
http://www.meteoritegallery.com

As you know, worldofmeteorites.com had a section for meteorite pictures.
This section was very popular, even amongst people just interested in
meteorites. I thought it was a great educational source, helping to
bring new people to our hobby.

So I thought that it would be a good idea to dedicate a complete domain
to this effort. This is why I am building meteoritegallery.com. The site
isn't public yet (it will be announced before christmas), but I am
already looking for contributors.

I thought long about a way how to make contributions easy. This is what
I came up with:

If you want to upload a meteorite pic from your collection, you click
this link:

http://www.meteoritegallery.com/gallery

and register as a user. You will then be able to upload pictures to the
upload folder. You will receive a mail with instructions on how to do
that and how to describe the meteorite properly. When an upload has
happened, the admins of the site receive a mail and will move your
picture to the appropriate section of the gallery (if the naming and
description is correct).

So: Little work on the side of the uploaders :-)

It would be nice if we have a number of pictures in the gallery before
weg o public, and your help (vulgo your upload) is very much
appreciated.

If you have questions, please contact me.

Best regards,
Bernhard Rems