[meteorite-list] Amgala Status and L7

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 15 13:46:05 2004

>And from different fable.
>NWA1839 L7 is now officially reclassified as Ungrouped Primitive Achondrite
>?
>If this is paired to Hupes NWA3133, so what is classification of this
>meteorite ?
>This is also ungr. achondrite ? Becouse I read something about strange CV7
>etc.

the reclassification hasnt been accepted by the nomcom as of yet AFIK,
however the work has already been done by the reasercher who studied it
(again AFIK)

as to a possible pairing, there is no offical pairing, but if you look at
the oxygen isotopse plot for nwa 3133 and nwa 1839 you see that they
basically overlap. If you then consider the apearance of two primitive
achonderites that look very much the same comming from the same place at the
same time that originated from the same never before sampled parent body -
well you are free to draw your own conclusions from there. :) if they are
NOT truely paired then if nothing else they come from the same parent body.