[meteorite-list] NWA 3133

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 15 22:43:07 2004

>I think pairing conclusions are the job of scientists and the NomCom. I
>have seen NWA 1839 being called an L7, a pairing to NWA 011 and now NWA
>3133, all by informal sources.

Adam,
just to make sure that I'm not (and no one else is) misunderstanding what
you may be saying here - nwa 1839 was originally classified as an L7 by the
same lab that classified NWA 3133. Since that time nwa 1839 has been looked
at again by the same lab and reclassified as a primitive achonderite - one
that has essentially the same oxygen isotopse signiture and similar
minerology as nwa 3133. I know people have drawn similarities between both
stones and nwa 011, not because of a genetic relationship, but rather
because of the fact that they both originate on previously unsampled parent
bodies.

I belive David Weir published the preliminary reclassification data on the
list not too long ago.