[meteorite-list] Re: Another fake name, serious business

From: Herbert Raab <herbert.raab_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 17 09:08:25 2004

Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman wrote:

> I don't know if this will help, but maybe it would be a good
> idea if you dealers start keeping good records of how meteorites
> are divided and labeling specimens accordingly.

The cutting and distribution of the Neuschwanstein II meteorite
certainly was a prime example of serious business and the archetype
of complete documentation. Everyone who bough a sample (at the
Munich fair recently, for example) received a detailed sketch of
how the stone was cut, and where the specimen one bought was cut
out. The documentation also included a photograph of the respective
specimen for identification. As I have a cast of the complete stone,
I can put my finger on the precise spot where my crusted slice was
sitting before the meteorite was cut. :-)

Many thanks to Dieter, Ralph and Martin! I sincerely hope that
other dealers will take business as serious you did, guys!

  Best Greetings,
  Herbert Raab