[meteorite-list] Ad - Weekly Rare Material Special

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 18 12:57:19 2004

Dear List Members,

This weeks special is NWA2127, a very rare and almost unheard of L4, S2-4,
W1 Regolith Breccia Chondrite found in Northwest Africa 2004. When we first
looked at this meteorite we thought we were looking at an achondrite. We
took a second slice and saw what appeared to be a chondrule in the middle of
an achondrite-type matrix. Our curiosities were peeked prompting us to send
out a type specimen for priority study. NAU, a NomCom approved facility,
reported back that we had a regolith from a chondrite parent body with the
widest range of differing clasts ever observed in a single sample. It was
classified as an L4 because the majority of the observed chondrules fell
into this range. A more accurate classification might be L4-6, S2-5, W1
because these are the ranges found. A total known weight of only 45.2 grams
is officially recorded for this very fascinating and scientifically
important find so there is very little to go around. We arranged to have
the finders look for more but unfortunately no more was found.

To see NWA 2127 please click on the link below and go to "Go see all current
items for sale by this member." The weekly rare material specials are
always listed last so you will have to go to the bottom of the list.

http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=meteoritelab

Be sure to check out our other auctions because true bargains can always be
found on our ebay auctions. There are never reserves and most items are
started out at just 99 cents.

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock
IMCA 2185