[meteorite-list] Colorado fireball on November 16

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 18 14:55:35 2004

There was a large fireball over Colorado on Tuesday night at 20:45. Looks
like it started near Kiowa and ended over Deckers. The height ranged from
62km to 31km, and it was sparking and flaring over much of its path. The
velocity was low (<15 km/s). I wouldn't be surprised if it was shedding
material over western Elbert County, and in Douglas County a few miles south
of Castle Rock- also into the mountains, but the hunting isn't so good
there.

I've got details, including videos, at
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/fireball20041116.html . I'll probably be
posting more images as they come in, since more of our Front Range cameras
probably caught this. I'll post a ground path map later, too.

Chris