[meteorite-list] Ad - Two Sets of Auctions Ending -Great Bargains!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 23 16:47:05 2004

Peter, well thank you.
I try to keep everyone happy, and I don't screw around with shipping costs.
I will tell you I had a bad run of eBay buys last week.
I bought 3 items on eBay, and 2 of the sellers ripped me off with shipping.
One item was $5.99 and the seller charged me $6 shipping, sent it first
class here in the USA for 85 cents. Not bad for the seller, MORE profit on
the shipping scam than he made selling the item.
The other charged me $5.00 for Priority mail (in the USA that is a faster
mail service and the fee was correct). The problem, he sent it first class
as well, again, making 90% profit on the shipping cost.
These were not meteorites, so no worry there.
But I see alot of meteorite sellers advertising $4.99 or $5 shipping even
for small items.
Come on, that is a sheer rip-off when a bubble envelope for small items or
irons (which can not be damaged) are fine and shipping is usually about $.49
to $1.00.
Gladly serving my eBay customers since 1996.
Mike Farmer